I recently discovered the Fooducate app for my iphone… and my life may never be the same.
Here’s the full info:
Get the Fooducate mobile application and use it to –
- Automatically scan a product barcode
- See product highlights (both good & bad)
- Compare products
- Select better alternatives
- Dig deeper and learn more about food and nutrition
- Created by dietitians and concerned parents
- Uses your mobile’s camera to effortlessly scan UPC barcode
- Over 200,000 unique products and growing daily
- Simplified information helps you make better choices
- Works on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android OS version 2.2 and up
“… Fooducate is like taking your own personal dietitian to the supermarket…”
You get to see the stuff manufacturers don’t want you to notice, such as
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- additives and preservatives
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- confusing serving sizes
- and more…
And what’s the best part (for me) – GMOs. This app says whether GMOs are in the product or “highly likely” to be.
So, please excuse me as a prance around the grocery store with my scanner in hand.